I even splurged on rick-rack. I need another pack of it, though.
If it fails, I still will not regret the green cat's-eye buttons I ordered:
A commonplace blog
2015 dress projects:
Yes, I finished it! I finished it before 11:00 last night, which is a miracle since I'm usually frantically setting shoulder pads in the wee hours. I'm wearing it today! But I don't have pix yet. I'm supposed to go to dinner with the folks tonight so I'll ask Mom to get pictures.
The Brick sweater's neckline ended up way too big so it's sitting unfinished in a file drawer at work. I'm trying again with Amy Christoffers' Smithfield pullover. Brick will probably get frogged, again, and reknit into something else.
I splurged on a Shiner Family Reunion this weekend. I haven't tried the Haymaker yet and didn't want to miss it. I usually like all of the beers in the Family Reunion except the Black, which is just too tart.
But that's OK, because the world has beer bread.
This batch was experimental:
Preheat oven to 375. Butter a loaf pan.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/8 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
sift together twice. Mix in but don't overwork:
1/4 cup butter, melted
12 ounces of beer
(I didn't add, but thought it could have used, a little salt.)
Bake 60 minutes, until browned.
5986 is missing its back bodice piece. When I did the test before, I borrowed the back from DuBarry 2477b (1940), which looked similar. At least, the patterns are the same company, similar years, and are both plain backs with ordinary waist darts and no distinctive style elements. It worked, but I seem to have misplaced the traced piece I used (2477 needed to be graded down a size).
So . . . new copy knocked out over lunch yesterday. I did more this time--the lower half is graded down. The upper half, to which I would have had to add width, anyway, was left alone but with a shoulder dart placed to make the shoulder seam match the front. And I added an inch of length. I thought about grafting the neck dart into the shoulder dart. I might do that yet but I don't think it's a big deal.
I could have set the pockets further out to the sides, but I'm not going to reposition them now.
I've been working most of the day on the apron adaptation of Simplicity 5330, the 1981 yoked nightgown pattern I made last year. I have a good apron but I made it from a pattern I borrowed from Mom, who is quite a bit taller than I am, and it's too big.
1) Simplicity 1981 5330 apron adaptation (done)
2) Punched-tin lantern #2
3) Wrap and mail super-late Christmas gift
2015 dress projects: