Model Horses: #3095 Appaloosa Performance Horse

I don't buy many model horses any more. I get some new Stablemates every year because I love Stablemates and they don't take up much room, but I lose my enthusiasm pretty quickly for the larger-scale models. It's not that they're not gorgeous, it's just that I've sort of moved on.

I still get old ones every once in awhile, though.

This is #3095, the sorrel Appaloosa Performance Horse. I love this mold. He's not perfect but, in general, this is what an Appaloosa should look like--not just a Quarter Horse with spots. I love his patient face and his little rat tail. Yeah, I said it--rat tail.

Anyway, I've wanted one of these forever but, since he was a common model and was sold for a long time as part of a playset, most of the ones I've found were mangled. I overlook minor damage all the time, but I draw the line at mangled. This one only has eartip rubs, which are practically part of an OF* paint job, they're so common.

His name is Fairplay. I've been saving that for about ten years.


*Original finish. That is, as it came from the factory.

Comments