New Patterns: 2011 March 22

Listening: Lucinda Williams Mix (Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, Happy Woman Blues, Lucinda Williams)

I finished Simplicity 4714 (post to follow once I get the photos edited) and discovered that I can't find any plaids to compliment the black-green fabric I was going to use for Wearing History 3015, so I have to find something else. I have an idea, though, that should be manageable.

Not that I don't have enough patterns on my plate, of course.

Hollywood 1137 (1930's): To replace Marian Martin 9962, which is now just impossibly too big. I still want to alter the lapels to look like 9962's, but this one is at least a lot closer to my actual size.


Advance 3045 (1942): I love that this has the housedress version on the left, and the nice, less button-y, day dress version on the right. Wartime thrift, baby. And I love those pointed shoulder pieces.

I saw a blue and white striped chambray at the Moda fabric shop that would be awesome for this. I love chambray.

Comments