To-Do List 2013 October 22

Just making notes to myself here.

I have a bunch of these rather ordinary day dresses lined up to do.  I really need them for work.  They will have slight differences in shape because styles shifted slightly between 1959 and 1964, but they won't be a whole lot different, so it seems to me that I should fit and test them in a batch.  

Butterick 2939 (1964): Will be orange plaid, if I have enough to make it.


Simplicity 3039 (1959): Will be in black and turquoise plaid with short sleeves, and pink paisley stripe with bishop sleeves.

Simplicity 3590 (1960): I got totally hooked on the plaid version of this and bought a secondhand flannel bedsheet in a large-scale, muted, plaid.   I'm tempted to go long-sleeved since this will obviously be a winter-only dress, but the three-quarter sleeves somehow make it look classier and a little less frumpy.


Comments