Christmas Eve!

I was going to weigh myself this weekend but, after today, I might not. Whew.

My brother and sister-in-law are here and today is our Christmas Eve. I took my car to the body shop for an estimate today ($2200. Thank goodness for insurance), and then we, collectively, went to the Hindu temple, to Half-Price Books in Rice Village, and to Hickory Hollow for dinner. Mmm . . . Hickory Hollow sausage baked potato! At least I asked them to hold the butter and sour cream. That helps, right? Right??

I meant to Christmas shop at HPB but decided against buying unheard music for Mom, who is picky, and instead came home with three CD's for myself: Lucinda Williams' Ramblin', which I owned years ago, sold, and regretted selling; Essential Steve Earle; and a Jimmie Rodgers CD. Jimmie Rodgers the tubercular Singing Brakeman, that is, not the "Honeycomb" guy.

I still need to wrap some gifts. What's Christmas without cutting it a little close?

Comments