Nothing going on here . . .

I've been blog-slacking, but, really, there is not much going on right now. I've been too busy this week to finish the pictures from Louisiana. I'm half a wreck today because I went out last night to see Justin Townes Earle at Fitzgerald's. He was a jerk, but the music was great. And he had a girl bass player. There is nothing in the world more awesome than women playing upright bass. I didn't get home until 1:00, though, and then Mom wanted to talk, so I'm running on maybe 3 hours of sleep. Yeah.

The opener was Caitlin Rose. I'm not sure how she made it into the country music genre, but maybe it's just that my familiarity with Nashville music fades out around 1995, when a few actual country musicians were still on the charts. She sounded like a dozen other girl singers on the mix tapes one of my high school friends used to give me, whom I never learned to tell apart. More Ben Folds than Tanya Tucker. She and the crowd were all very hipster. One guy even had a T-shirt with a fixed-gear bike pun on it. I can't decide, though, if that made him an über-hipster or an anti-hipster. Being ironic about hipster irony? Does that multiply the hipsterness or cancel it out? Anyway, she was boring.

I wanted to use the snakebite kit for my office blog post today but of course I forgot my camera cable so I can't upload any pictures until I get home. Doh!

Dad gets home this weekend and I've got a bunch of errands to run: I have to get two more Christmas gifts, get some pictures framed while it's on sale at Hobby Lobby, and I need to find time to take the car in and get a repair estimate. Sigh.

Comments