McCall's 1980 (1955) Purple, and the Ten-Year Bricks Quilt

Done!  One more thing ticked off the endless To-Do list!


I won't be saving the scraps.  That color hurts my eyes.  The recipient is much more of a bright-purple person than I am.

I also dug out the bricks quilt and took it to work, where I can work on it on my lunch hours.  I started this at least eight years ago and still haven't finished.  Yes, yes--I know.  


The bricks are 1" x 2"; the whole thing is about 27 x 33.  I only have a little bit of it to go, though, down one side, and then I have to do the border, and then bind it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
Recap:

Last week's To-Do List:

1) Simplicity 4727 (1943) bolero.  Let's get this done before July 4, 2014, shall we?
2) Petticoats.  Need 3: 2 plain and 1 with flounces for dresses with bigger skirts.
3) Purple sunbonnet
4) Pajamas.  Mine are indecent, even for clothing that nobody but the cat and I will ever see.

New To-Do List:

1) Simplicity 4727 (1943) bolero.  Let's get this done before July 4, 2014, shall we?
2) Petticoats: One with flounces for dresses with bigger skirts.
3) Pajamas.  Mine are indecent, even for clothing that nobody but the cat and I will ever see.
4) Elephant skirt.

Comments