Butterick 1983 4948 April Showers part I

Mispickel isn't feeling well and I spent a lot of the weekend following her around and fretting, or else I would have had this all done.

This project isn't going to generate a lot of blog posts since it's already almost finished.  It's yet another version of Butterick 4948 (1981), the Belle France drop-waist dress, so there wasn't any fitting or anything left to do.  I'm going to be way ahead on my May project.  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to just move on to June or squeeze in some other 4948's.

I have several versions planned that have long sleeves and I'd like to convert the bust darts to shoulder tucks.  Shouldn't take long; I just need to do it.

The fabric is Moda April Showers.  I got absolutely the last of this in multi-colored from GRS fabrics.


Sleeveless, with an Art Deco-ish neckline decoration:


And patch pockets, but I don't have a picture of those right now.

Comments