Pyrex Delphite blue

I found this bowl on sale at a local antique/second-hand store this weekend. I love Pyrex mixing bowls because they're just the right sizes, and glass cleans so easily. Mom and I each have the usual painted milk-glass bowls (yellow, red, green, blue) but I didn't think I'd ever seen Pyrex made of actual colored glass before. This one is powder blue all the way through, not color-glazed.

I put it up on Flickr and in the Pyrex Love pool, and it turns out that these are called "Delphite" and were made in the 1960's, and are somewhat rare in the U.S. (And, luckily, we have a blue and white kitchen!)

I also found a (probably) Lefton American cocker spaniel and an older Hagen-Renaker Mama Pekingese. My china cabinet is getting kind of crowded but I think I can squeeze them in.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I'm between sewing projects right now so posts are going to be a bit dull for the time being. American Weekly 3740 should be the next one in line finally, now that I've gotten those two 1970's dresses out of the way and have the right green for the trim. I'm trying to sew up the patterns for which I already have fabric, first, and I've had the yellow Aunt Grace Friends Around the World Hawaiian print for this for quite a while. I'm contemplating red rick-rack accents, too, since the dress is already going to be screaming yellow and green--a little more brightness overkill probably won't hurt.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I'm still sticking it out with the calorie counting site. Man, there is nothing more trivially depressing than calorie counting, is there? I finally got up the nerve to weigh myself on Sunday morning and I'm 174 pounds. Ouch. And that was on a day that I thought I looked pretty good, too!

On the up side, I'm getting the hang of it. I've started bringing breakfast to work, which works better because I'm not actually that hungry at 6:00 in the morning, so I drink a glass of milk and then eat a hard-boiled egg and a banana or something when I first get to work, at 7:45 or so. That means I'm eating an hour or two later so I'm not starving by 11:00, and I don't end up eating basically two lunches to keep myself going until dinner at 6:00.

I've been walking more consistently, which takes up my whole evening but is totally worth it. I got some cotton capri yoga pants at Target to prevent chafing in the heat and humidity. They're low-rise, which seems like a bad idea for yoga pants (all that bending and stretching?) but since I'm not using them for yoga it's not really an issue.

Comments