American Weekly 3740: Progress



I still haven't done the buttons and buttonholes. I have to do them when I can really concentrate, and this weekend was too busy. Since the pockets have that trim on them, I have to be sure to get everything lined up properly or it will be really, really, obvious that it's off. (It's way off here.)

The front lines up better than I feared it might, and it will do better with buttons instead of pins. It needs a slip; it's sticking to my cotton unmentionables here.

If I'm brutally honest, it will also fit better when I lose a few more pounds. It "fits," but just barely. I'm not going to freak about that, though, since I'm headed in the right direction in that respect; the dress is not that tight; and I don't look as big and stuffed as I thought I would in it. I mean, I don't look small, but I knew I wasn't small in the first place. Still, it's a bust 38. I went from a barely-Bust 34 to a tight Bust 38, without, obviously, getting any taller. Ridiculous.

It looks like my hair has maybe gotten dark enough for me to almost wear yellow. Cool. It looks red today because I have a black sweater on. It's so weird. I wouldn't think plain brown would change so much.

I think this also illustrates pretty well why modern slim-cut pants don't work on me. Yeah.

Comments

Angelic Cow said…
I really like this dress, I love yellow (can't wear it myself unfortunately but this looks fabulous on you)

I would not worry about the size, the photos don't look like it is too tight and I would say you look small enough in them.
It felt a bit tight, but some of that was because I didn't have a slip on to keep it from binding.

I have to be careful with yellow. The green trim and the fact that it's REALLY yellow saves this. If it were a more normal "wearable" yellow, it would be the same color as my skin. I'm not as pink as I look in the pictures. I once made a pale-yellow dress and loved it until I put it on and realized it was the same color as I was. Darn.