Anne Adams 4815 (1970's)

I know, I know--I keep changing my mind on what pattern I'm going to do next.

I'm going to Italy in September and I feel like I need a more normal-looking dress to take with me. One that will look OK without fancy shoes and all the trimmings. I just ordered this 1970's-vintage Anne Adams wrap sundress off of eBay. The plan right now is to use the gray/olive/French blue/coral modern print that Sheila-from-Louisiana gave me last month, since it's too modern to use with most of my patterns.


The project photo set is here.

I'll leave off the ruffles since I don't really think they work with the print or the overall concept, and because ruffles don't do well under sweaters and things, and I'll get more use out of this if I can wear it under sweaters. This didn't occur to me, but apparently Milan is somewhat cooler in September than is Houston--which is pretty much still in the throes of summer--and I won't be able to get away with all short sleeves, all the time.



This is concept 1, with only French blue trim. I thought originally that this was the one I definitely wanted, and it's probably more versatile this way, but now that I see it "made up" it looks a little plain.


This is the same idea, but with coral piping or bias trim between the French blue facings and the body fabric. I thought this was going to look like really gilding the lily, but I kind of like it.

I sort of like the waist tie here, but I might put buttons on later versions, to make them look more trim. Ties don't go well under sweaters, either.

Anyway, this should be a simple pattern, it won't need a lot of resizing, and if I don't have to do buttonholes I should be able to whip it up pretty quickly and have it ready.

Comments