Jogging

I've been trying to ease back into jogging. I used to run on the treadmills at the PEC way back in college, but gave it up when I came back home because my work schedule was insane and running on concrete bothered my legs.

I'm still worried about running on concrete but I'm going slowly. I've only been doing it for about two weeks but I've made progress. When I started, I could go about a block before I felt like I was going to pass out. I'm up to three-quarters of a mile. The slowest three-quarters of a mile on Earth, of course, but I can do it, nonetheless, without feeling like I'm going to keel over. I'm sure at least some of it is psychological--realizing that I can still do it, after all.

I doubt I'm actually burning any more calories over walking fast, but it's a better cardiovascular workout. Being that out of shape is even more embarrassing than being overweight.

I'm lucky in that I actually do like exercise. I love the stretched-out feeling and the slight lung burn I get after pushing my (admittedly not very impressive) limits.

Comments