2010 October 30

I have to work on Mom's Hallowe'en gift today. I've been told, though, that stone resin is brittle and doesn't Dremel well, so changing his tail may be out. I don't want him to shatter. I wish there were plastic dogs that were at all menacing. Oh, well.

158 pounds, which is a miracle considering this week was a total wash on the exercise front. Three nights I meant to jog and then got caught: Had to go vote. Ran out of food and had to go grocery shopping (yes, I see the irony in that). Etc. Today was the first day I recognized my old body type in the mirror. I'd put on so much weight that even my upper body looked puffy, and that takes a lot since I carry everything below the waist.

I have coupons for Hobby Lobby. I need a spool of burgundy thread, I want those orange glass beads, and I might check their plastic dogs while I'm there, just in case. Schleichs and Safari Limiteds are generally too friendly-looking, though.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Well, we burned through this Saturday! A simple trip to Hobby Lobby for discounted thread turned into a trip to the bead shop; to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to exchange Mom's soda machine canisters; to another bead shop and to Office Max; finally to Hobby Lobby; to lunch, and then to Goodwill. I got the thread with a coupon and it turned out the beads I wanted were on sale for half-price, so I gave my other coupon to a lady in the next check-out line. Mom found a movie she's wanted for years and years on DVD at Goodwill, and I got some fabric, a souvenir plate, and a stuffed donkey, because I'm thirtysomething years old and still can't leave a toy equid unrescued. Sheesh.

The fabric is eight fat quarters of a tiny vine-and-floral print, and two yards of pink roses on lilac. The miniature could be a good semi-neutral, and I might use the lilac for a short nightgown, or trim for something.

Comments