American Weekly 3740: Aloha dress

Finished! At long last!

I was finally defeated on the buttonhole front and Mom agreed to do them on the machine. There are only five buttonholes (from neck to waist)--the buttons on the skirt are sewn in place and don't open up. Actually, I really only need to undo the two buttons at the waist to get in and out of the dress (much like a side zipper; you only need to expand the narrowest part of the dress, right?). I'll remember that. I think it would be a useful trick for those back-buttoning dresses: The buttons on the upper back and skirt would be fixed, and only the ones in the lower back, which I can reach and which I actually need to open to pull the dress on, would be functional. Hmm.

We were up until two o'clock in the morning. Yeah.

That's the Gustafson House (1867?) in Galveston behind me; they repainted in brighter yellow after Hurricane Ike.

Comments