Friday!

Today was the department breakfast at work. Departments sponsor breakfasts every other month or so, for the sake of socializing, since some of us don't see others very often. We had a good turnout for breakfast burritos and fruit, and my former boss, who retired this past spring, showed up. She's been busy and we haven't heard much from her, so everybody was really glad to see her.

We're selling off the trinkets that were left to us by one of our donors, so I did some pseudo-Christmas shopping. Mostly for myself. Oh, well. I got a few nice things from this lot last year that I really did give away for Christmas, though, so it's not always all about me. It's mostly 1960's costume jewelry, which is lucky because it's not that tempting, but there are some nice travel souvenirs, too. The money goes to support our department, since we have to do a lot of our own fund-raising.

I got a couple of pins, a Trifari necklace that will need an extender (this lady must have been tiny!), a cookbook, and a 1940 New York World's Fair iridescent glass vase. I'll post some pix later. Nothing outstanding, but kind of fun.

Comments