McCall's 5783 (1977): Blouse

I'm still all over this pattern. Yeah, I know, I know. I'm even old enough that I remember when women still wore things like this and they weren't considered quaint.

I might use that red and white print for the blouse--I have this idea of a red and white print blouse with a black skirt, stockings, and boots. The buttons in the pattern illustration are for show: There are snaps sewn on underneath them. I don't really trust snaps on blouses so I might make the placket edge wider and use actual, functional, buttons. (Yes, I actually wrote that. Buttonhole Hell, here I come!)

This is my size but I'll probably lengthen the sleeves a bit since sleeves tend to run a little short on me, and I'll probably also flare the lower part more. I might even cut the back in two halves. I'd rather have it be a little bit "skirt-y" than tight around my hips, especially over a skirt.


Oh, and . . . another new one. This one is an Anne Adams from the 1930's (alas, no specific date). Not a very interesting pattern but a nice day dress. I'm leaning toward a lighter print for this one, possibly with piping to emphasize the novelty sleeves; maybe something like this or this or this or this or . . . oh, yeah!

Comments