McCall's 7500: 2010 October 24

I clearly need a fabric intervention. Remember, folks: Friends don't let friends sew with cotton-polyester.

Oh, my Lord--what was I thinking?? Thank goodness I decided to use the pink and brown cotton-poly gingham to run through McCall's 7500 instead of saving it for Anne Adams 4835, as I originally planned! I swore after making the binding for McCall's 2440 that I would never use cotton-polyester again, and I should have listened to myself. If this dress fails, I refuse to take responsibility beyond the poor choice of fabric: This stuff is a nightmare to work with. It's slippery, it stretches, it ravels. I'm going to have to topstitch every inch or the seams are going to rip out.

I'm making good progress, at least. I raised the back neckline two inches, the front neckline one inch, widened the straps one inch, and added one inch to the skirt above the ruffle. I had to size it up slightly (I think; we'll find out if this was too much). I made pockets and brought them with me to do the buttonholes today on my lunch break. Yes, buttonholes! By hand! I even remembered to interface the pocket cuffs.


There aren't any interesting photographs at this point (although what little there is is in the Flickr set). These are the pockets. Yeah. Pockets. Yawn. But even a boring picture is less boring than an all-text blog entry.

Comments