On second thought . . .

OK, maybe I lied.

The next sewing project might actually be McCall's 7500, because it's so easy it's almost stupid. I'll either use the blue-violet bedsheet or the brown and pink 1/8" gingham I was originally going to use for Anne Adams 4835: Fender Skirt Dress, because I've since found an all-cotton 1" brown-and-pink gingham that I'd much rather use, since the pattern is more obvious and will allow me to cut the center panels on-point, which I think would look awesome. I'm tempted to use the gingham because I really don't like cotton-polyester and this could basically be a wearable muslin, although I don't really need a muslin for such a basic dress. I have to enlarge it slightly (two inches overall) and I'm going to make the straps wider and the neckline higher all-around, and add patch pockets. Life is too short to wear clothes that don't have pockets. Hell, if I ever get married there will be pockets in my wedding gown.

Hmm. Leaning toward the gingham. Yeah.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

On a (ha!) lighter note: 159 this morning. That means I'm down15 pounds, which seems almost unreal. OK, it's not that much, but it's . . . a large house-cat. It's almost half my dog. Not too shabby. I've totally adjusted to the calorie-monitoring bit, too, so I no longer feel like I'm panicking about not having enough to eat during the day. Sometimes I don't even end up wanting all that I planned to eat.

And I'm a dork: I love exercise. Scheduling time for it is a pain but it's absolutely worth it.

Comments