Um . . . it's Wednesday

Nothing much going on here. I'm now between sewing projects and trying to decide which to tackle next. The possibilities include:

Anne Adams 4815: I have all the materials for this, including custom-dyed pink for the bias trim. I need to take in the bodice a bit because it's a bust 40 and I'm definitely not that any more, but I don't believe it's a hard pattern and that shouldn't be difficult.

Anne Adams 4834: I have the main fabric but not the trim, so, as much as I like this, I think it's not really a contender.

Anne Adams 4935: I just need to get pink rick-rack for this and it appears to be an easy pattern. It doesn't even have fasteners. I need to make sure I actually have enough dark-brown Kona, though; Hobby Lobby is out of that color and I need it for the pockets, waist ties, and shoulder thingies/"fender skirts".

Butterick 5744: This is hanging in my closet, half-finished, because I'm totally unconvinced it will even fit. However, since I've lost a little weight since I started working on it, I should probably get it out and finish it. I love the fabric and would hate to waste it, and I've got the slate-gray bias binding for it already.

Marian Martin 9928: Have the fabric. Have to do some alteration on the skirt, but nothing too major. Have millions of reclaimed white buttons for the front, too.

McCall's 5783: Just the blouse. Another project that shouldn't take long except for all those buttons.

Simplicity 3717: This one is also hanging half-finished in the closet. I think the fabric I chose was too soft and didn't have enough stiffness, so I need to either line it or . . . do something. Damn. It's pretty fabric, too. I need to fiddle with the neckline some, too.

Simplicity 4714: Basic, but I've got the material and it would be a nice dress to have. Marian Martin 9359, my current navy-blue dress, is getting a little old, and the first version of it never fit me properly.

Simplicity 7935: This needs a lining at least in the bodice, which automatically makes it a little more trick, although not impossible.

Some other possibilities that don't yet have project sets:

Simplicity 7341: I wasn't going to keep this one, but I haven't been able to decide what to do with the bedsheet that I dyed blue-violet, which is beautiful but is a) slightly streaked and b) too modern a color for most of my priority patterns. The fabric is a little soft, too, which would be great for this. I'd be making the black version in the middle, with some sort of blue-violet print for the trim.

Simplicity 8025: Probably the green version, although maybe not that long. I would use the maroon/black/white batik Dad brought from Indonesia.

. . . and of course there are others. I have fabric for several more patterns, but they're lower on the list. Sigh.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

So, I was 160.5 this morning, but I'm skeptical because I suspect I'm a little dehydrated. I know I totally over-ate this weekend, including Burger King for breakfast and barbecue for dinner, even though I walked around the model train show most of Saturday. I'll drink more water and pay better attention to what I'm eating this week and weigh myself this weekend.

I ran 2.75 miles, total, last night, but I had to stop several times because of traffic, loose dogs, etc., so it sort of didn't count. I need to re-map my jogging routes because I'm running far enough now that I'm running into the distance I was using for cool-down time.

At the risk of sounding incredibly stupid, I noticed the other day that my thighs are more toned. I mean . . . duh, that's what happen when you start using your muscles again, right? It's half the point of exercise (the other half being cardiovascular fitness). I have a lot of thigh, though, and when it's not toned it's pretty unpleasant. Think T-rex-scale bingo wings. I'm never going to be hot-pants material, of course, but somehow it didn't occur to me that the thigh situation might improve. I also noticed when I measured myself a week or two ago that, while my hips will always be disproportionately large, they are now less disproportionately large than they used to be. Only three or four inches bigger than the pattern size instead of five or six. For me, that's a damned miracle.

I guess I must not be suffering if I feel like pounds are slipping away and body parts are shaping up sneakily, while I'm not looking.

Comments