McCall's 7500: 2010 November 2, Part II

Buttons, part II.

So, the reinforcement patches are in place. I marked again through the buttonhole so I'd know where to sew the button (there's a black dot in the middle of the patch. It's hard to see here):


Sewed on the button:


Then I did the yoke buttons. There isn't any interfacing here because there are four layers of fabric (two of outer fabric, two of lining) and they aren't functional buttons, so they won't get as much wear and tear.


And this is what it looks like so far, without the ruffle.

Looks like a toddler's dress. Fabulous. I do like the contrast, though, from cutting the yoke and pockets on the bias.


I'm jogging tonight so I don't know if I'll finish it or not, but it will definitely be finished this week.

Comments

Andrea said…
I like the fabric square behind the button. I've seen that kind of detail on army surplus gear (and knockoffs thereof), probably for the same reason. Anyhow, it's one of those nice throw-away details that give clothes character.

I finally figured out that you had a blog. I could swear I looked at your profile sometime back to see .... must've missed it then somehow.
Oh, my blogs come and go. I've been through, like, four or five. So maybe I didn't have one at the time.