New Patterns: 22 December 2010

Oh. My. Goodness.

What a week. I've been wrangling with my insurance company about the repairs for my car. I readily confess that I waited too long to call the adjuster back, but I did try to call her before the claims deadline. However, it seems that she went on vacation for Christmas a week before my claims grace period was up. So, there isn't anyone there for me to call.

I spent a total of three and a quarter hours on hold over two days before I gave up and called the insurance company's main hotline to ask for advice. The lady at the call center tried to call the adjuster, and then the adjuster's manager, and didn't get anyone, either. Now, though, I have documentation that I attempted to call within the proscribed time frame and that there was nobody available to answer. I also called my local insurance agent to document it with them.

I spent so much time on hold that my boss joked I should use one of the giant rubber bands we use to hold books closed, to strap my cell phone to my head. Not a bad idea, really.

Sigh.

But at least I finally got to talk to real people and somebody knows that I did try to do what was asked of me.

Anyway . . . on to things that are more fun:

This guy was mislabeled on eBay and I got him for half of retail. He's a Lomonosov wire-haired fox terrier, made in Russia. Lomonosov is not one of my favorite companies because they're not my favorite flavor of stylized, but I do like a few specific models very much. This guy is one of them.


Comments