New Patterns: 2010 December 6

New patterns!

I've had an idea for a suit for a long time but hadn't found the right pattern, and haven't had time to plan it that much. Then I ran across this:

Mail Order 2126 (1940's): Needs to be sized up a little, but not much. I love the frilly-but-not-too-frilly peplum and the choice of collar or sweetheart neckline.

The current thought is to make this long-sleeved, with the lapels, in black with brass buttons.

Iris Lane 3219 (probably early 1960's): I love this so much it makes me giggle. Ever find a pattern that just hits a sweet spot? This one does that for me. It's my size so I don't have to mess with it that much, and well all know how much I love wrap-over dresses.

This is absolutely The Pattern for the teal cotton sheeting. The plan is to use the short-sleeved version, plus the collar and waist tie. I'm toying with the idea of adding cuffs to the sleeves, too. Possibly shaped or pointed Atomic Era cuffs.

Comments