Oh, deer!

Oh, my, I was right--the catfish plate was awesome. It came with shrimp and scallops, spicy potatoes, a salad, and roasted vegetables. I'd forgotten how good Clementine's roasted vegetables are: They're not oily at all and they're not overcooked. I'm stuffed. I've got half my entrée and half a square of tiramisu in the fridge.

Good grief! How many times did the postal service come by today? I know mail trucks came by at least twice, and possibly a third time (unless that was UPS or FedEx; I didn't see). I swear we must have gotten seven or eight packages before noon.

My Hagen-Renaker Monrovia-era doe and fawns got here, too. Hagen-Renaker has made these molds for decades but the brownish color and eyeliner eyes indicate that these are older versions.

Here are all the deer: The unmarked Japan that kind of looks like my dog, the Dickson, the Brad Keeler, and the Hagen-Renakers. Those are Hagen-Renaker horses and some gargantuan spaniels in the background (Belmont, the black tricolor, is a Royal Doulton and a real prize. He's gorgeous. Brandy, the blonde, is a Hagen-Renaker "Honey Girl" and also quite a looker. Yes, my animals get names.)

Comments