Feeling cranky

I'm grouchy today.

The car wasn't ready within three days. I called Saturday morning but it wasn't reassembled yet. Dad wanted me to call this morning, then this afternoon, etc. Mom's called me twice today to see if the body shop has called yet. No, they haven't.

I know that she doesn't want Dad to have to drive me to work again, and Dad thinks the body shop is sitting on their duffs because they can, but for crying out loud--quit haranguing me about it! If I don't hear from them by 4:00, I'll call again. But sometimes, it takes a little longer than expected. Especially after the holidays.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I need to get back on the sewing wagon. I still need to finish Amber Jean's patterns, and clean up some unfinished projects, and do that flannel nightgown (I might actually need it a night or two, if I'm lucky). I really feel like I could make some serious progress if I had time to sew, and not having time really has my nose out of joint. Aargh!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I'm afraid I'm really enjoying being thinner. I feel guilty for saying that, but I am.

I've gotten my old clothes back. My t-shirts aren't indecently tight any more. I no longer have to drastically re-size most of my sewing patterns to make them fit, which is totally feeding my itchy sewing finger. I'm actually looking forward to new clothes. I mean, I need some--two dresses wore out recently, I need a new black skirt desperately, and I finally admitted that my navy blue dress just did not fit well enough to be decent or even flattering and should be rehomed to somebody with a bigger upper body than I will ever have--but I'm also looking forward to them. I never used to look forward to new clothes.

I weigh less now than I did in high school. Again. I might weigh less than I did in middle school (although, to be fair, I matured early and I've been the same height since sixth grade, so that's not necessarily very amazing). I'm not letting this happen to me again, either. It's much better not to let things get out of hand in the first place. *Forehead slap.*

I went to Academy with my brother and sister-in-law last weekend. I didn't intend to shop but they had winter clothes on sale, and since my office is so cold, I can wear winter clothes all year 'round. I found two Dickies lightweight henleys on sale. I have a couple of size Medium heavyweight henleys that I wear as sweatshirts, and I really like them. These were smalls. I tried them on, anyway, and they fit. One is a muted lavender and the other is "Flamingo", a coral/rose--watermelon pink, almost--that I though would be garish but actually looked pretty good on me (it's a good color for brown hair, it seems).

I should have done this a long time ago. For one, I would have had less to lose, but . . . well, I just should have done it sooner. I like exercise; I can't imagine how I let it go so completely. My eating habits have changed. I totally overdid it on macaroni and cheese last night because I was hungry and it looked so good, but I was over-full and uncomfortable afterward. Lesson learned: I really don't want that big a portion! I packed a much smaller serving for lunch today.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I finally got a Jimmie Rodgers CD at Half-Price Books. I can't believe I've been listening to all this music all my life and never got around to the Signing Brakeman. My musical education had a serious hole in it! Why didn't somebody intervene??

I also picked up a Dirk Powell CD on a whim. I'm a huge fan of Balfa Toujours, and I hoped he'd be a safe bet, even though I'd never heard his non-Cajun stuff. Well, that paid off, too. Awesome. I love banjo maybe a little bit too much.

Comments