Simplicity 4714 (1943): Part 3

Oh. My. God.

I spent all day yesterday hemming ruffles. Two measly sleeve ruffles and that neck ruffle? Yeah. Those are circular ruffles, which means I had to do a narrow hem on a small-diameter curve, which was a huge pain.

I have the sleeve ruffles basted on and I'm planning to run a gathering thread through the neck ruffle at lunch today. I've also discovered that the neck facing pieces are missing, too, so I have to recreate them. Sigh. The whole neck facing is going to be fiddly: Lots of gathering, pinning, and basting, but after that I'm hoping--hoping--it will go together reasonably smoothly, and the rest of the dress will finish up without too many headaches.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hobby Lobby has black, brown, and red corduroys, and I saw a light green print that I think is just what I want for McCall's 4966 - C (1975). Cheryl called me about playing music for Heritage Day at Jesse Jones Park, so I need to make sure my old brown dress still fits. I'd love to make a new one but that's not going to happen between now and February.

Wah! I really just want to go home and sew.


Comments