Happy Valentine's to me!

Mom met a friend for a birthday lunch the other day and ended up "shopping" in the friend's garage-sale pile. She brought home a laundry-basked full of kitchen stuff.

Two very large Wear-Ever round cake pans and one institutional-grade roaster. I think she said the friend's husband got this in the Army; we used the same kind in the college dining hall. They're virtually indestructible.


Glass stein, ribbed tumbler, and a Bicentennial glass carafe with plastic lid. I'm not sure if that's a waffle iron or a krumkake iron. The pattern seems too deep for krumkaker but it's made in Norway and it would make some sad, thin, little waffles. It doesn't have the burner cradle but I'm sure we can improvise.

What's up with all the cans? We cleaned out our pantry and decided not to put anything back, so we wouldn't forget about it again and would have to eat it. The kitchen counters and table are all covered in cans, bottles, and boxes.

Update: My sister-in-law, who is a pedigreed Swedish-Norwegian-American from Minnesota, agrees with me that the waffle pattern on this (I sent her a picture of it opened) is too deep for a krumkake iron, but also agrees that it's awfully shallow for waffles. We think it might be for waffle cones.

As if we needed another excuse to eat ice cream, right? Awesome.

And . . . the bread bucket! That's a hand-cranked dough hook.

I am so psyched about this. These things seem to be a bit scarce online, and I'm all for anything that makes making bread easier, right?

Comments