New Patterns: 9 February 2011

McCall's 2925 (1971): Quite possibly the perfect pinafore apron. I'll probably make it a bit shorter since I don't have that many long dresses.

When was the last time you saw somebody wear something so over-blown Prairie and so successfully pretend it wasn't totally impractical? Miss Cheater Cloth is just daring us to mock her maxi-everything look.


Here's the back. I love those aprons that button at the back of the neck. If I did straps, though, I'd cross them. They stay on my shoulders better that way.


McCall's 8818 (1967): I saw this one ages ago and decided against it, but another one fell into my lap. I love that smock dress bit. The Sixties really aren't my decade but these are pretty cute. This would look great with a big, colorful, print. The smock dress/top is actually a wrap-over.

Comments