Simplicity 4714 (1943): Part 5: Bodice

I've been falling down on the sewing front. I finally did get some done yesterday, though. I'm still--still--working on Simplicity 4714 (1943)!

I got the bodice mostly put together. It still needs the waistband lining, finish the armscye seams, and put in the zipper (which I can't do until I attach the skirt, anyway). I failed once again to measure the sleeve caps so mine are pleated instead of smooth, but it's not that bad. The pattern actually recommends gathering them to fit, anyway.

I got lucky and the box pleats at the waist matched perfectly:


And almost perfectly on the front. I'm not going to sweat such a minor misalignment because homespun stretches pretty badly; I'm just lucky it wasn't worse.


And then the sleeves went on.

I worked in front of recorded "Animal Cops: Houston" reruns all weekend, and watched Georgy Girl.

Comments