American Thread Company 3811: Sleeveless Slipon: Oops

I seem to have gotten in over my head, as usual.

After much email discussion, Amber Jean has made a lot of very valuable (and far better informed) suggestions about how to adapt this for a slightly larger size. She did point out, though, that whatever weight "Dawn" was, it was almost certainly not worsted-weight. Apparently I was right in thinking that worsted-weight yarn on US1 needles seemed a little irrational, even if the gauge did work out.

Drat.

I don't want to buy more yarn and I can't return what I've got. I really did want this to be my brown sweater-vest, too. I can't win.

I am this close to compounding all my mistakes by getting out the graph paper, drawing this sucker out (I'm all about the tactile and visual. I can't manage more than two or three ideas at once or my brain explodes and I forget everything), and seeing if I can re-do the gauge for slightly larger needles, based on the measurements.

Comments