Dinner dancing resumed

Look what I found at Michael's when I went to buy yarn! I haven't seen these since I was in North Carolina in 2001. Caramel + peanut butter = love.

I love Mary Janes, too, but they're a tougher chew. I think I'm the only one I know who likes Mary Janes, actually. Oh, well.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

So, I have a miserable headache today after spending a mostly-sleepless night worrying about the state in which I'd find my dog this morning. She looked miserable last night, although she did eat some rice and took one of her pills, and kept them down. As long as she can eat enough to take her antibiotics without barfing them back up, we ought to be OK.

As it turns out, she looked better than I did. I'm sure she got more sleep, at least. She still looks pretty mopey but felt well enough to wag her tail and do a little bit of her "dinner dance" (prancing adorably while begging for treats), which is a very good sign. I gave her more rice and her pills. I'll try her on a bit of kibble tonight if she still looks that good.

The vet told Mom that the chewable Endosorb tablets didn't taste good but the dog ate them, too. Of course, she's not a picky eater (which is how she gets into these messes) but, still.

(She's fine. This was taken on a lazy Saturday afternoon.)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I've got another busy week this week. Taxes are done but I've got a lot of sewing to do, and I'm dipping my toes in the pool of sweater knitting.

Amber Jean has one of these, and I found a battered-but-inexpensive copy online:

(Photoshopped beyond recognition. Mine is pretty tattered.)

It took me a little bit to figure out their mix-and-match sweater parts, but I think I've got it now. I'm rewriting them for myself so they're all in one place, both for the sake of following them more easily and so I can spare further damage to the magazine.

I'm using the Patons Classic Wool for this v-neck vest (except not, of course, in a little boy's size):

I'm checking the gauge since the yarn they recommend sounds like it was probably DK, and mine is worsted, and I'll probably do the lower part in the round to spare myself the purling. Purling hurts my left hand. I think I might get a graph-paper notebook for these kinds of things. Might be overkill, but it might be helpful.

Comments