New Patterns: 2011 April 12

I've been focusing more on culling patterns so I haven't done this in a little while. OK, like a week. Whatever.

McCall 5136 (1943?): Simple back-wrap sundress. I kept almost buying Simplicity 9555 (1980's) because I loved the basic-sundress look, but then I realized I could pay a little more, yes, but get a super 1940's pattern instead. This will probably look better on me, anyway.

I've thought for awhile that I'd sort of like to have a Fourth of July dress. I kind of don't like the Fourth of July since I don't really like summer, July in one of Houston's least charming months (after August and most of September, that is), it's kind of an annoying holiday where everyone gets drunk and spoils it for the rest of us, and people shoot off fireworks and scare the living $#@!! out of other peoples' pets. Or, worse, people shoot off guns. While drunk.

On the other hand, it's my birthday (yeah. My maternal grandmother's birthday was Hallowe'en. I'd have much rather had a Hallowe'en birthday. I love Hallowe'en). And it's a day I'm guaranteed to get off of work, and everybody is outside and feeling festive even though it's 90% humidity and a heat index of 118.

It's really not my place to be a party-pooper, right?

How about some patriotic novelty-print fabric? With rick-rack? I'll have to consider it.


DuBarry 1952B (1930's): Simple, but cute, and I think I could make it out of just about any fabric since the dress itself is so basic.

Comments

Lauren said…
Ooh! That fabric is so cute!
I have that pattern, too :) It's a cutie!
Lauren said…
Oops! Meant the first pattern.
I love the second one. Very cute!