31 Day Music Challenge: Day 15, 16, 17, 18

Blogger hasn't been letting me log in at home so now I have to catch up.

Day 15: Song with the best lyrics: I'm not going for best lyrics ever here, but "Jesse James" is uncommonly poetic for its ilk.

Day 16: Song you'd dedicate to somebody you hate: Well, not really. I don't hate anyone as much as I hate this song, and I'm pretty sure that if I did hate anyone, I wouldn't waste time dedicating songs to them, but whatever. "Old Joe Clark". I've hated this song since I had to learn it on the piano about a million years ago. The lyrics are disgusting and my piano book had a revolting picture of a fat, pig-faced, man stuffing himself with pie. I'll play the backup chords but I refuse to learn the tune on any other instrument, ever again.

Day 17: A song that never gets old: "Elzic's Farewell" (probably written in West Virginia in the 1880's). I love this tune. This isn't my favorite version of it but I'm posting it because Norman Blake also never gets old.



Day 18: A song that makes you laugh: Almost too easy! "Twenty Naked Pentecostals". Not only is it hysterically funny, but it's a true story.

Comments