New Patterns: 2011 May 6, and barbecue

Butterick 6452 (1935): I can't believe I got this. I bid on it, then left for the evening and was away from the computer all night.

I'm not sure why I need a smock, but I needed this smock. OK, not really, but I might. Someday.


We went to Goode Co. for dinner last night. Mom's friend, who is tiny, polished off a brisket plate with jambalaya and cole slaw, and then sat there looking painfully full and regretful. I got the brisket with jambalaya and jalapeño beans but only ate half, and took half home for lunch today. I did get pecan pie, though. Pecan pie is one of those mind-bending butter-and-sugar bombs for which it's totally worth taking up calorie counting again, just for the day.

Their jalapeño-cheese bread is awesome. Must learn to make that.

Dad got home today. We're getting a home-cooked Indonesian dinner tonight, and visiting the Alabama-Coushatta Reservation tomorrow.

Comments

amy said…
I do need a smock, but sadly, I know I'm not ever going to sew one.
I'm still in Oversized Ratty T-Shirt Smock mode, too. Oh, well.