DuBarry 1952B (1937?): Done! But no good pix.

Here we go:

I finished this at . . . I was afraid to look at the clock, but I think I must have finally gone to bed around 12:30. Late enough to figure out that the chick on "Necessary Roughness" was Detective Ballard on "Homicide: Life on the Streets" and that "Franklin and Bash" is a total waste of air-space.

I was in no state to be photographed last night but I do have some teasers. Here's the almost-complete (no buttons yet) top:


The armscyes are awesome. Check those out:


Here they are on the inside. The combination of trim and facing required a lot of hand-basting, but it was absolutely worth it.


A better look at the inside. The directions, which must have been written by the seat of someone's pants, called for one continuous strip of facing. No bias is that stretchy: It was clearly not going to work. However, two pieces--one each for front and back--was easy.


I cropped out a lot of wee-hours ugliness, but here's a peek at the finished product. It totally looks like the pattern illustration (at least, it does as nearly as anything ever will, considering I'm not built like a drawing) and the bodice fits like it was tailored.

I am over the moon. If I didn't have so many other patterns, I would just sit back and sew a pile of these. I might, anyway, for summer.

Comments