Fiesta!

Oh, my.

Fiesta Marigold (spunky5775 on Flickr) finally hit the shelves. I've been waiting for this color forever. It's my mother's favorite color, and it's closer to the vintage yellow than anything they've produced before.

I think this is vintage Yellow with Cinnabar and Paprika, but you get the idea. See how awesome that looks?
Even better, it's on sale at Macy's and I had a birthday certificate for free shipping. I ordered the five-piece setting, a child's bowl, a luncheon plate (Mom likes the smaller plates; she actually prefers the buffet plate but they didn't have them. Maybe I can get her one in Galveston), and a pasta bowl.

The pasta bowl seems to be a Macy's thing. It looks like this:
It's big--8 inches around. Should make a nice serving bowl. Or a salad bowl, in my family.

Also, I lucked out on an insane scale a couple of weeks ago. We went to an antique shop and found this:
The pastel yellow was discontinued in 2002, so it's at least that old. Oddly, there is a store that sells Fiesta just down the street, and I'm sure the same thing would have gone there for considerably more than I paid, but apparently the two don't check each others' stock that much.

This is the complete set (the box came with it), but the sugar and creamer are the only pieces that are unique to a child's set. The plates, cups, saucers, and teapot are regular items, which is actually a good thing because it means I could fill it out to four settings if I wanted to.

Comments