New Models: 2011 July 7

Somebody must have died and had her house cleaned out, because the local antique mall was absolutely overrun with china figurines, priced to move.

Hagen-Renaker gray Persian cat: $2.




Parrot: No-name china parrot, about two inches tall. I'm not generally a bird person but I loved his colors and he sort of has a cute face.
SR 2007 black-bay Breyer Action Stock Horse Foal. This is the guy from the Andalusian set that I bought and then re-sold. This one is nicer than the one I got originally, but he needs a new pic--he's pretty clearly a very, very, dark bay in real life, not a black. Neat color if I can get a good shot of it. I'm a bit of a sucker for this mold.

Needs a name. Needs parents, too.

Steel Driver: 1987 special run Black Horse Ranch dappled gray "Adios". Finally! I love this mold, love this color, have been saving that name for years.


Brad Keeler doe. To go with the fawn.



Morton Pottery budgies wall pocket. Morton Pottery stuff tends to lack detail and be crudely painted, but the budgies are kind of endearing. I like the blue and yellow.


Morton Pottery cockatiel. This is the fourth Morton cockatiel I've gotten. I think I'm about cockatiel-ed out, unless I find one that's really different.


Morton cockatiels: New one on the left, my other one on the right. Totally different shades of yellow.

I also have them in pink.


Metlox crane: $4.95. Yup. In pristine condition. I love solid-colored pottery like this--I've got Fiesta, remember?--and this has a satin glaze. I love satin glazes, too; they make me think of polished stones.

The antique mall has a counter where they hold stuff for you while you shop. The cashier actually stopped somebody from stealing this from the hold counter.


Comments

Andrea said…
That crane is awesome!

The only ceramic figure I have is a life-sized iguana that I picked up at a Mexican pottery place near my house. The fact that I don't have a good place to put even this one is a sign that I don't need more, but I *am* a bird person and if I started collecting bird figures I'd probably never stop. I seem to be slowly collecting bird fabric, though!
I have a serious thing for midcentury art pottery. The glazes, the colors, the stylized forms. Oh, man. I'm totally going to be one of those batty old ladies with a house full of weird figurines.