New Patterns (1970's): 2011 July 7

Butterick 5335 (1978?) Rena Rowan for Jones New York: I have this irrational weakness for the layered look. I love both the shirt-dress and the jumper.

Style 2240 (1978): I love this sweet little dress. I'm thinking of doing the version with cap sleeves and plain bodice, but no ruffle, in pale yellow with flat lace overlay trim.

Butterick 4260 (1976): Cheeseball Colonial costume. I don't know why they bother to provide a suggestion sheet of authentic details when the thing zips up the back. Nevertheless, I kind of like the plain red dress and the apron.


Butterick 4352 (1975): They had me at "cuffed sleeves". For casual wear this winter; should be good for layering over henleys.


Butterick 3805 (1975): I seem to have an addiction to these boatman-shirt style dresses. McCall's 4966 (1975) is another one.

Butterick 5187 (1977-1978): No, really, it's a dress, not a beach cover-up. It says so on the packet. Whatever.

I might do an actual beach version of this in terry, with the hood, and another, non-beach version without the hood and with buttons on the yoke.



Butterick 3722 (1974): I love that plaid one. I saw a little girl at the Sunflower Bakery a couple of weeks ago, wearing a tan plaid sundress with a smocked bodice and three-tiered skirt. I'm a bit old for smocked bodices but I'm totally down with the tiered skirt idea. I think this might have to go whole-hog Seventies Prairie.


Vogue 1758 (1977-1978): I assume this zips up the back but I'll have to wait until it arrives to find out. I love the bodice and waist. I like the drama of the sleeves but they might be a no-go for daily wear. Full, yes, but maybe less full and with cuffs.

It's vaguely monastic, don't you think? I think I might use this with the black-green homespun that came out the wrong, but still a likeable, color.

LinkMcCall's 5494 (1977): Just plain cute. This dress is very similar.


Comments

Chris said…
Oh my gosh! Butterick 3722 was my first wedding dress! The marriage didn't last but I did a beautiful job on that dress. It was off-white eyelet with crocheted lace in the seam.....I even had the floppy straw hat!
Awesome!

Great pattern for a wedding dress. If I ever need one, I'll have to keep this one in mind!