Figurines: 2011 August 7

The local antique malls have had quite a flood of figurines lately, and the prices have been very good. I scored some real finds this weekend.

Rowantree Opal: Welsh A mare. Hagen-Renaker matte gray mini Arabian mare, 1955-1973; this one is probably late in the run. $4 because she has a badly-glued tail; I hope I can re-do that, but even if I can't . . . oh, well.


Ópalo Negro: Dark grulla mustang gelding. Hagen-Renaker mini rearing horse, 1980's (this mold was discontinued in 1985).


Liva: Lomonosov red squirrel. These are still in production and aren't rare, but she was on sale and I didn't have to pay postage.


Brooks: Japan-made collie pup, circa 1960's. I thought he was a Lefton but I don't know. It doesn't matter.

Rojizo: Bay mustang gelding. Hagen-Renaker mini rearing horse, 1950's. This is the early run of the same mold as Ópalo Negro above. Note the less realistic painting style and facial detail. Still a nice horse, though, and in pristine condition after 55 years.

Comments