New Pattern: 2011 August 2

So much for downsizing the Seventies pattern section.

Vogue 8906 (1970's): I would guess that this is about 1974, but most Vogue patterns aren't dated. This is so simple but I love the square neck, the wide waistband, the billowing skirt, the fact that it has a pocket option.

I think this needs to be made of a neo-folk patterned fabric. Something that plays into the Seventies prairie look. Possibly in yellow. Windham Gypsy Garden would look awesome, as would Moda Summer Breeze (although it might be a bit too French for me) and these sparkly little flowers from Jo Ann. You get the idea.


Pauline 1-486 (1960 postmark): Once again--no idea where I'd wear this. I am a total sucker for a double-breasted anything. I love the big skirt + wide belt + cropped jacket look. I guess I could widen the straps on the dress and make it a regular sundress. I would actually be nice to have a sundress with a matching jacket since everything here is air-conditioned, and finding cover-ups that don't clash is a problem.

Comments