Sewing area rehab

There won't be any sewing for a little while as we're in the process of rearranging the sewing area. I spent two hours last night vacuuming.

I hate vacuuming. If I ever own my own house, the first thing I'm doing is tearing out all the carpet. I'd rather have concrete and varnished plywood than carpet at this point--what a disgusting, unhygienic, impossible-to-keep-clean, idea.

I also hate bagless vacuums. Yeah, there's no bag, but you still have to dump the canister--which means that all that dirt is no longer contained--and deal with the filter. Worse, mine doesn't have a retractable cord. What moron designs a vacuum cleaner whose cord doesn't retract?

Comments

Andrea said…
In the place we're renting now, the rooms that are carpeted have the industrial variety -- it's good-looking and easy to clean. Based on what the landlord told us, it's 15 years old and still going strong. I never, ever want any other kind of carpet!

As for vacuuming, Roomba does it at our house. The only downside to Roomba is that its dust trap fills up very quickly (perhaps because we don't run it often enough...) and my hair gets wrapped around its axles and I have to cut wads of it loose from time to time.
I think we'd need a large herd of Roombas. We have a long-haired dog, anyway; I'd spend the rest of my life cutting hair out of axles!

I'll confess that we're not as diligent about vacuuming as we should be, but it's still my least favorite chore. Thank goodness we no longer have carpeted stairs--those were the worst! I'd rather sweep any day.