Blue [calico] Monday

Oh. My. God.

It rained this weekend. It rained this morning! I have pictures of Mom splashing in puddles in the driveway to prove it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

More fabric:

This 1970's-1980's sour green calico was for auction online with a Make Offer option.

I made an offer. Got rejected.

Made a higher offer. Got rejected.

Made a higher offer. Got rejected. Also got banned from making further offers. Three strikes and you're out. Come on, lady, sell it to me--very few people are going to want four yards of 1970's parsley-green grandma print, anyway. This is your chance to unload all of it at once.

Then it went on sale for less than my latter two offers and only a little more than my first offer.

Say what?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Cranston VIP print, red with colored, patterned, dots. Not a mind-blowing print but kind of sweet and not too crazy to wear to work. Will probably be McCall's 5954 (1978).


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Brown/white/blue/mustard floral. Yes, those are blue and mustard roses. Hellooooo, 1975.

Will be a skirt.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I got fabric for the blue calico skirt, take III. I actually got a print and two boxes of dye at Hobby Lobby: Dark blue roses on a beige/tea-dyed background, and Rit Denim Blue and Royal Blue (with Navy Blue in the wings in case I decide I need more blue). The tea-dyed background spared me buying Rit Pearl Gray to dull the blue. I think I'm good with the color but might still re-dye with Navy for good measure.

I mean to do tucks in this one, which means I have to go back and get something for pockets. Or dye some scraps for pockets. It's going to be more of a two-and-a-quarter yard skirt.

Comments

Andrea said…
Yes, hooray for rain! Your fabrics look great too. I like the green one especially -- a great choice for Fall (and hopefully worth the assholery).
It was just kind of weird. But whatever. It was a good deal on fabric, anyway.

I never thought I find myself sorta, kinda, wishing for a hurricane, but this year I almost went that far. One of my friends lost his house (near Austin) and another one had to evacuate twice. My mom's friend's sister and niece were burned out during the first round of fires a couple of months ago and almost lost their new trailer last week. Holy cow.