Coming back to work to get some rest

Yesterday stunk.

OK, it could have been worse, but it still wasn't fun.

Mom's tummy bug has been fading in and out for the past week, and she finally called me early yesterday morning and asked me to come get her so she could go to the doctor's and then to the emergency room for IV fluids (per the doctor's suggestion). This part was fine--I've been bugging her to go to the doctor since last week.

They sent her home on the same gastrointestinal antibiotic that my dog gets when she eats squirrels.

The icing on the cake was that my car battery went out. It's actually a good thing that Mom wanted me to come home because otherwise, I would have been stranded at work instead of stranded in her driveway. We left my car there, dead, and drove hers. She paid me back by calling her neighbor and getting him to change out batteries for me. This is one of those things that I kind of know how to do, but since I only have to do it every four years or so, I lose my nerve.

Comments