New Patterns: 2011 September 21

McCall's 4469 (1975): Totally impractical. I might use the new green calico for this. Or maybe the red calico I've had stashed forever.

I kind of like the long, off-white, one, but that would be even more impractical.


McCall's 1980 (1955): Bonnets. Amber Jean noted that wearing a sun bonnet with a bikini is sort of pointless. Like a cargo mini skirt. But whatever. I actually do need a slat bonnet for reenacting--I could make one without a pattern but I wanted the pattern for collector reasons, anyway.

The Mylar photo sleeves we use at work come with awesome cardboard backings that will make ideal bonnet-slats, if I can figure out how to cut them.

Butterick 3541 (1973?): Back-wrap smock. I don't really like back-wrap stuff but this cost me a whopping $3 and looked like a good starting point for something I'd like better. I may add bust and waist darts, because I suspect the fit will need them. The chick in that picture is seriously skinny, and I am not. Also, I have hips, and she does not.



Comments

amy said…
I'm going to track that smock pattern down. Been looking for something just like it.
Lots of them on eBay, some on Etsy, and most of them inexpensive since it's not very glamorous.
amy said…
Cool! I pinned it at Pinterest last night so I don't forget. Seriously my brain is on delay right now. Are you on Pinterest (visual bookmarking)? If not, would you like an invite?
Oh, cool--I didn't know about Pinterest! Yes, I would!