Stuff

There isn't much going on here.

Armadillo Day was fun. Guy Friend and I had a nice dinner (gigantic burger for him, bowl of venison chili for me, and we split pieces of pecan and chocolate cream pie. Which was too much pie, overall, but what a way to go!) and had a good time talking to people we didn't actually know. The pecan pie was awesome, but the chocolate pie was sort of pasty and weak, so now I feel like I have to learn to make kick-butt chocolate pie.

Saturday, we went on a mini road-trip to Liendo Plantation, and then went cruising for historical markers around Waller County (before the wildfires struck, luckily) and in Rose Hill.

Mom was a bit punk again on Sunday and Monday so I ran a couple of errands and then stayed in and sewed. I'm not thrilled about the resulting skirt and it will probably go into the Goodwill box, but it's one more project down, for better or for worse. Mom called this morning to say she felt a lot better, and she has a doctor's appointment this morning, anyway; she promised to ask about her gut bug.

By Monday night, though, she was up and sorting through sewing stuff and paperwork and things, which meant she felt better.

I really want a blue skirt. Just a basic A-line or tube skirt in French blue calico with tucks. The one I made this weekend should have been that but, stupidly, I cut down the yardage to make pockets and a waistband lining for the other blue calico skirt, McCall's 5948 (also Goodwilled). So the whole thing didn't work. Whatever. I'm past being annoyed by it. At least I used up some stash, too.

I want a print sort of like these:


Slate-ish blue, not too dark, subtle print. Yeah.

Comments