Daylight Savings rant

I hate daylight savings. Actually, I hate coming off of daylight savings.

I think we should fall forward, not back. I don't need broad daylight at 6:45 in the morning, when I'm just going to go straight from my (street-lit) morning commute to my (mostly windowless) place of work.

I want that extra hour of daylight in the evening when I can put it to good use.

I even started a Facebook page. Slacktivism rules - come "like" with me!

Really, I'm surprised the anti-obesity and mental health people aren't all over this. Where are you, Michelle Obama? We could be using that evening hour to walk the dog, to jog, to alleviate seasonal affective disorder.

Comments

Andrea said…
LOL -- that is exactly how I use the MORNING hour. When I get home it is dark this time of year, daylight savings time or not!
I'm so not a morning person. It's actually pretty dark, anyway, until about half-way through my commute, so it doesn't do me any good. I'd much rather have it be dark until 9:00 in the morning, when most of us are at work or in school, anyway, and light until 7:00 or so.
Courtney said…
I totally agree. I hate daylight savings too! It throws my whole life off for a season.