Christmas Eve

I got nothing done last night because my brother and sister-in-law arrived--I had thought they were coming today. I've also got a bit of a head cold and can't really concentrate on stuff, anyway.

We're doing Christmas tonight, complete with pancake dinner instead of breakfast.

I almost forgot! Sherry came by last night to see Mom and to give us our Christmas gifts. She gave me five yards of fabric: Northcott "Little Darlings" muted purple print on black, little rings with a flower design. Very 19th century mourning print. Funny, but I was just looking online for black-on-black prints to do a Deco-goth version of Butterick 4368 (1976?), and this just might be what I needed. It's gorgeous.

Comments

Andrea said…
Pancakes for dinner was a Christmas tradition for my family as well!
Yeah, we usually do pancakes for Christmas breakfast, but since we're doing Christmas morning . . . tonight, we switched. We don't do actual Christmas dinners. My mother doesn't really like cooking that much, and who wants to be in the kitchen all day when there are new Legos to build and model kits to assemble?