Post-Christmas shopping

I don't normally do this kind of thing, but . . . well, sometimes you have to get stuff before it's gone.

I've admired this World War II-imitation airplane print for at least the past year, and I finally realized that all the sites that sell it are starting to sell out, so I ordered some and now have my fingers crossed that they do actually have it in stock.

This will be a housedress, probably either Hollywood 1191 (1943) or Simplicity 1218 (1944), with trim.

Michael Miller "Wild Blue Yonder"


I also finally bit the bullet and ordered the long-longed-for red boots.

I keep sewing things and then commenting, "Man, this would look awesome with red boots." But then not actually acquiring red boots. The brown plaid dress I made last week could be worn with red boots and a Western belt, and the upcoming Chicken Dress is also a red boot candidate. American Weekly 3740 could have, if it still fit. I have at least four flashy Western shirts that could go with red boots.

Come to think of it, that airplane fabric could go with red boots, too.

See? If you live in the right part of the U.S., red cowboy boots are a footwear staple. My brother has these in black and says they're super comfortable.


Ariat "Heritage"

Comments