Stuff

So . . . lots of tedious stuff going on but little of it blog-worthy. My computer got whacked by a virus (despite having just had its anti-virus software updated) and I lost . . . everything. So, starting over in that regard. The worst loss is of my photographs: This will teach me to back stuff up, right? Aargh. There was some music on there I meant to keep, and my model horse records got wiped, but the show results are available online so I can recreate enough of those. More annoying than actually important in the grand scheme of things.


We've had relatives in and out of the house for various holidays, which is fun but sort of disruptive. I'm not actually complaining: We also get to cat-sit, and borrowing cats when I don't have time to own one full-time is never a bad thing.


On the down side of the people front, I had an incident with a friend that . . . well, there isn't much to say save that a situation that I knew would be very disappointing but thought I had more or less under control emotionally turned out to be far more upsetting than I anticipated, and has drained a lot more of my mental time and energy than I want to admit. I'm afraid I've abused terribly the goodwill and cell phone minutes of my closest friends/confidantes/provisional shrinks, but hopefully they've boosted me back into the saddle and gotten me on the road to sanity. (Speaking of cats: The worst part of this is that said friend had an impossibly adorable cat, of whom I was extremely fond and whom I am likely never to see again.)


Another up side is that holidays mean days off, so I've been sewing. I started basting the first of a zillion miles of rick-rack on the Chicken Dress today, and I've decided to cut Version 2 while I have the pattern out. Might as well, right?


Also, I scored engineer boots:


Yes, I will wear them with dresses.

I may even, as one of my friends suggested, wear them with fishnets.

Comments