How retro can you go?

I went yesterday to get my shots for the February/March trip to Tanzania. I needed some shots anyway: If I were a dog, I'd be illegal. I ended up getting hepatitis A, influenza, tetanus, polio, and typhoid.




Yes, my arms hurt. I microwaved a cup of tea last night and then stood there helplessly because I couldn't lift either of my arms enough to pick it up. I had to use two hands and even that took a lot of effort, and the cup was definitely in danger of being dropped.




Anyway . . . I joked with the nurse that, well, retro and vintage are all the rage, aren't they? So maybe getting a polio shot actually ups my cool factor.

Comments

amy said…
Wow! Tanzania!

I've actually been meaning to email you and will in just a moment. I got a sinus infection that recurred three times and knocked me out. Have no recollection of the holidays.