100 Years Of Girl Scouts: Reproduction Uniform

Confession: I was a Girl Scout for about a week so I could go to camp with my cousin Mary when we were 11 or 12. My mother, though, was a die-hard Scout for 15 years. My brother considers himself a third-generation Eagle Scout since our grandfather was an Eagle and Mom was a Curved Bar (the highest rank at the time).

Anyway, inspired by the 100th anniversary of Girl Scouting, Jo Ann Fabrics has provided a .pdf project that recreates an original 1910's-1920's Girl Scout uniform.

Here is the project link on the Jo Ann website. It apparently uses New Look 6004 (for the skirt, I guess?) and Simplicity 8523 for the top. And some improvising in between for the long sleeves and middy collar (it does say "Skill Level 3: Experience Necessary" at the bottom of the .pdf page).


This kind of looks like fun, though, even to somebody who never cared about scouting.

Comments